1 of 4 December Birthday's!

Here something most of you probably don't know about me; four out of the five of us in my family have birthdays in December!  And, they all fall between 5 and 6 days of one another!  We start on December 1st with my hubby, followed by mine on the 6th.  My second child, my first daughter was born on December 12, followed by my first child, my son, who was born on the 17th, exactly one week before Christmas Eve!  Fortunately my last child was born in August!  This year I get a reprieve from Birthday parties for my teens since we are taking a family trip to Hawaii in two weeks!  This is my first     Year Birthday party free in December, but due to our trip I will have one less week preparing for Christmas so that's what II will be busy with over the next two weeks (plus packing). Oh we'll I'm not complaining, this trip has been on my "Bucket List" for longer than that phrase has been popular...I think that's what we used to call dreams!

So here is Hubby's Birthday card.  I went for a more colorful card for him this year:


Here's the backside of the card:

"Taste the rainbow" - that's what Skittles says anyways!

Here's the inside of More love to Hubby:


Plenty of room for the kids and me to write our messages of love to him.  Kids took the right, I took the left with the I <3U.  I used a Spellbinders large banner die and snipped little cuts at the bottom and top of the clear CELEBRATE (Pink Paislee) stamp so I could get it to curve onto the acrilyc block.  Its kinda hard to see but i also stamped and embossed with some gold glitter embossing powder a circle starburst type stamp around the inside.  Added some Washi tape and Basic Grey cut outs and then I was done.

I will be adding this to the following challenges;

http://365cards.blogspot.com/ - Day 278 - Pick a Pattern - Polka Dots 
- glitter
http://abc-challenge.blogspot.com/. use it up - old Basic Grey cut-outs

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you...your comments are appreciated











Comments

  1. Beautiful! Love the rainbow theme.

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, i love the fab bright colours and design. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and unique. I love the cheerful colors. Thank you so much for your sweet comment and for becoming a follower of my blog. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, I love the bright colors and ribbons. Enjoy your trip! Thanks for joining us at ABC challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful is your card, thank you for joining in our challenge at Forever Friends good luck with the challenge and hope to see you again next time DT Member Sandra H x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely birthday card - very colourful! Thanks for joining the challenge at Forever Friends, Lisa (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adrienne, your brightly colored tag card makes a fabulous birthday card! So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's "Ribbon or Trim" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the rainbow tag card. With all the December birthdays it's nice that the card isn't wintery or Christmasy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carlene! In our home combo Birthday/Christmas is a BIG no, no!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts