Prayer Box

  Hello friends...I had fun this week taking the box my husbands cell phone came in and altering it.  This week at Hiding In My Craftroom is Super Scraps Saturday but we were given some digi images to play with from Scrapbook Stamp Society, If we wanted to use them, so I did.  I came across a very sturdy box that my husbands smartphone/mini tablet came in and I thought this would make the perfect prayer box.  Just write down those troubles and give them up to Jesus.  A good friend of mine asked if she could host her Bunko group at my home last night.  We had a great time and I offered up this little box as one of the prizes.  Turns out that very same friend is the one who won the box!







I colored the image with my Copics, and covered my box with a coat of Tattered Angels paint/glitter/glaze in Garden Green.  I added paper from the DCWV Mariposa Stack
 And lots of scraps of ribbon, lace and embellishments from my own pile of scraps.  The cluster of flowers is actually made with crepe paper that I then sponged some Distress inks and  used my Copics to release ink into the center of the crepe paper roses.  

I stamped the Verve scripture stamp, "Cast all your cares on Him, for He cares for you"  onto the papers on the box.   I used a Melissa Frances mini frame with it.    I also embellished the box with Prima lace and some Tim Holtz seam binding that I dyed with Distress Stain in Weathered Wood.  Lastly I had some Jolee Mini mushroom paper embellishments that I added  some extra paints and glitter to.  Speaking of glitter, it was a blast to add all kinds of Sticlkes and Distress Stickles to the digi image.

Be sure to stop by http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/ to show us your creation!



Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate you taking the time to check out my art!


  



Comments

Popular Posts